[webkit-dev] HistoryItem, frames, and goBack()

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Fri Apr 3 11:03:23 PDT 2009

I have been working on a bug that is only present in QtWebKit this
past week and am looking for some help on where I should look to solve
it.

When browsing a site with frames if you click on a link who's target
is _top and then hit back the child frames are not loaded.  I have
created a test webpage here: http://meyerhome.net/~ben/frametest/  So
when you hit back it wont load the links on the left and reddit on the
right, but it will be the same as if I had loaded http://meyerhome.net/~ben/frametest/

I have been poking around in the frame loader, history, and parts of
QtWebKit, but I am simply not sure what is the proper behavior is when
on this or does anyone have suggestions on where the bug might be
residing?

-Benjamin Meyer