[webkit-dev] setTimeout as browser speed throttle

Mike Belshe mike at belshe.com
Tue Sep 30 07:37:48 PDT 2008

Thanks for the concrete examples, Dave!  I tested all 3 of these, and
haven't yet found any problems.  But I don't have specific URLs.  I also
looked through the webkit bugs database as much as I could, and could not
locate them.
BTW - if the primary concern is not spinning the CPU, we could just drop the
throttle down to 2 or 3ms, and the CPU will be largely idle on most
machines.  In a few years, with faster processors, we'll be able to drop to
1ms and still have largely idle CPU.

Would 3ms be viable in your eyes?

Mike