[webkit-dev] Safari and complex script rendering

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Sun Sep 28 02:13:03 PDT 2008

on 28.09.2008 12:15, Paul Pedriana at ppedriana at gmail.com wrote:

> It seems to me that complex script would have to be supported by something
> other than WidthIterator::advance (is it?).

There are multiple parts for such support indeed, which has to do with
different requirements for rendering, editing and DOM APIs. See e.g.
iteration support in Position and VisiblePosition.

Of course, "supported" never means "absolutely bug-free" - no implementation
of text rendering, and probably not even any spec works perfectly for all
scripts and all use cases.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov.