[webkit-dev] Rename TypeInfo -> JSTypeInfo?

Kevin Ollivier kevino at theolliviers.com
Mon Sep 22 12:13:24 PDT 2008

Hi all,

We're having a problem on the Windows version of wxWebKit where
#include <typeinfo> is actually now including JavaScriptCore/kjs/
TypeInfo.h, which needless to say is not a good thing. ;-) I think
this problem stems from the fact that we (the wx port, that is) don't
use the 'framework' approach for JSC headers yet (and thus need
JavaScriptCore/kjs on our include path), but I think in general it's
good practice to avoid using system header names just for readability
purposes. Does anyone see a problem with renaming TypeInfo to
JS(C)TypeInfo, both header name and class?

Thanks,

Kevin