[webkit-dev] problem with ChromeClient::createWindow & NewWindow policy

Gustavo Noronha Silva gns at gnome.org
Fri Sep 19 07:50:35 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-19 at 10:38 +0400, Anton V. Tarasov wrote:
> A new window is opened by a client via ChromeClient::createWindow callback.
> There's also a mechanism to check NewWindow policy, implemented
> as FrameLoaderClient::dispatchDecidePolicyForNewWindowAction.
>
> Now, when I'm clicking the first link, ChromeClient::createWindow is not called
> at all, FrameLoaderClient::dispatchDecidePolicyForNewWindowAction is called.

In that case, FrameLoaderClient::dispatchCreatePage is called. We have
had lots of discussions about new window issues for the GTK+ port in bug
#19130, which may interest you.

> Why that difference? How to open new window in the first case, and why policy check
> is not triggered in the second?

I'm also interested in the policy check issue, haven't done a lot of
scouting in that area, though.

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org>