[webkit-dev] WebKit and Windows/Cygwin

Frank.Lautenbach at softechnics.com Frank.Lautenbach at softechnics.com
Thu Sep 11 11:39:03 PDT 2008

I can assure you I've spent quite a bit of time attempting to debug and
build. Again I'm following the instructions on
http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingQtOnWindows as instructed by other
responders to my post.

There is a specific error that occurs prior to the build aborting. The
problem involves rcc.exe.

For example, I get an error like:

c:\Projects\qt-win-opensource-src-4.4.1=bin\rcc.exe: File does not exist
'..\..\..\WebCore\page\inspector\WebKit.qrc'

Note that the file does indeed exist in the correct path. I have search
on the internet for this type of error and have found posts on a couple
forums where people (like me) attempting to build under Windows have
seen this problem. Unfortunately, those posts are never answered.

Again, the reason I am trying to build the source is as part of some
research I am doing to see if WebKit is something we can use in the
development of a thin client for a new product we are developing.

I should also add that the build generates other errors later on in the
file ..\..\..\JavaScriptCore\wft\Assertions.h. It complains of
unexpected characters in certain macros formal parameter list.

I apologize if I appear to be beating a dead horse, but I was hoping if
I could at least build this stuff, I could begin digging into learning
how it works.

Frank