[webkit-dev] WebKit and Windows/Cygwin

Ariya Hidayat ariya.hidayat at trolltech.com
Thu Sep 11 00:22:08 PDT 2008

> At this point, I am at a total loss as I have yet to be able to build
> anything.

Well, you got the error message. At the risk of pointing the obvious, I would
say just trace the error message to find out where it fails.

> 	perl
> C:/cygwin/home/Administrator/WebKit/JavaScriptCore/pcre/dftables
> tmp\chartables.c --preprocessor="cl /E"
> Error in tempfile() using \tmp\dftables-XXXXXXXX.in: Parent directory
> (\tmp\) is not a directory at

Something is wrong with your Perl. What if you create the directory C:\tmp
manually first?

A side note: if you just want to give QtWebKit a try, why don't you use Qt
4.4? It has WebKit integration already (no need to build it if you use binary
package). Refer to the following for details:
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/qt4-4-intro.html
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/qtwebkit.html

Best regards,

--
Ariya Hidayat (ariya.hidayat at trolltech.com)
Software Engineer, Trolltech (a Nokia company)