[webkit-dev] Qt-webkit versus Qt-gecko - a question for the dooble project?

Ariya Hidayat ariya.hidayat at trolltech.com
Thu Sep 11 10:29:11 PDT 2008

> b) How far is the developement of Qt version for konqueror?
>
> c) We might switch to Qt webkit konquerer if that is supported by some
> developers joining the Dooble Project, is there someone interested?

> f) the switch from gecko to konqueror/webkit needs many support from
> konqueror, would you be interested in merging the project with a code
> base, published unter both brands? or maybe: would it be possible to
> make a re-brand of Qt-port for konqueror, to start a new aerea, which
> has the name "dooble konqueror" which has then the SVN at dooble, and
> the installer published at both places?

Right now Konqueror is *not* using QtWebKit, it is still using KHTML.

Also some of your questions and concerns are answered in this page (and those
linked from there):
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.4/qt4-4-intro.html#qt-webkit-integration

And just in case you are not aware yet, there is a fully usable QtWebKit-based
browser called Arora. Check this for details:
http://code.google.com/p/arora/

--
Ariya Hidayat (ariya.hidayat at trolltech.com)
Software Engineer, Trolltech (a Nokia company)