[webkit-dev] Moving forward with WebKit/GTK+

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Wed Oct 29 04:16:11 PDT 2008

On Tuesday 28 October 2008 20:04:06 Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> For some time now I've been worried by the lack of progress of
> WebKit/GTK+ where API is concerned. I am aware that loads of work have
> been going into improving the engine backends and frontends, including
> many bug fixes, but real-world adoption for many applications is
> hindered by lack of features being accessible through a public API.

The main difficulty besides lacking time is meeting the quality standards of the
WebKit project. Our WebKit/Gtk+ port is not using the LayoutTest regression
suite yet(I have started working on it, time is the limitation there), and we
have no GUnit coverage of the API.

This makes it very hard to judge what is going to break. Besides that we
should probably have more Gtk+ reviewers as Alp and me sadly don't have the
time for WebKit that would be needed.

z.

PS: I'm also interested in options to increase the time I have for webkit