[webkit-dev] Unable to compile the webkit on the Redhat enterprise linux 9

Julien Chaffraix jchaffraix at pleyo.com
Wed Oct 15 02:46:40 PDT 2008

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 8:02 PM, Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Disclaimer: I'm more of a GTK+/Debian guy =).
>
> On Tue, 2008-10-14 at 10:31 -0400, Ramesh Satyavaram wrote:
>>  I am new to webkit. Yester day I downloaded the sources on to my Red
>> hat enterprise linux 9. I tried to compile with the following command.
>
> There is no such thing as Red Hat Enterprise 9. Either you are using Red
> Hat 9, or Fedora 9. If you're using the former it is already way old,
> and you probably have a too old version of qmake. Do check if qmake's
> version is current.

Just chiming in. This is line:

***Unknown option –r"

indicates that you are using a too old version of qmake (as Gustavo
pointed out). You need at least qmake 4.3. I would advice you to have
a look at http://trac.webkit.org/wiki/BuildingQtOnLinux and check you
meet all the requirements.

Regards,
Julien