[webkit-dev] If you're on Mac, please upgrade to Xcode 3.1

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Mon Oct 13 17:35:16 PDT 2008

Hello WebKit folks,

We'd like to change some WebKit components to build with GCC 4.2 by
default on Leopard, for better performance. Unfortunately, this
compiler is not available on the system by default, so everyone
building on Mac will have to switch to Xcode 3.1 by default.

We will probably start with a soft switch, where GCC 4.2 is used only
on Leopard if you have Xcode 3.1, but eventually it will become a hard
requirement so I recommend upgrading sooner rather than later.

Regards,
Maciej