[webkit-dev] Database Storage

David Kilzer ddkilzer at webkit.org
Fri Oct 3 13:18:33 PDT 2008

Not discussed yet is that data is secured between JavaScript from a web page on Site A accessing data originally stored from a web page on Site B.  This is not allowed.

Note that a web page served from <http://www.domain.com/> cannot access a database saved from a web page served from <http://domain.com/>, and vice-versa.  The protocol (or scheme), hostname, and (implied) port number must all match before the database is accessible.

Dave