[webkit-dev] Database Storage

Brady Eidson beidson at apple.com
Fri Oct 3 11:58:33 PDT 2008

To expand on this point,

The data you store on your user's system should be your user's data.
It should belong to them, and therefore "security concerns" about what
they do with it should be moot.

You can, of course, encrypt the data or otherwise obfuscate it before
storing it in the database, but that's not enough to keep them from
poking around messing with it.

First rule of computer security - all security measures are worthless
if the attacker gains physical access to the machine.

~Brady