[webkit-dev] Using Google-URL in WebKit

David Hyatt hyatt at apple.com
Thu Oct 2 15:27:59 PDT 2008

On Oct 2, 2008, at 4:23 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:

>> I have mentioned optionally replacing KURL with an ifdef to a number
>> of WebKit members. The reception has been tentatively yes.
>
> As one of the people who were asked and tentatively said yes,

I am strongly against integration of GURL behind KURL.  This code is
simple, and there's no reason to complicate it like this.  Any port
should be able to use KURL as is and just translate at boundaries
(like the existing Mac port does).  I don't think there should be any
major issues with this approach, and the alternative is to place a
burden on WebKit as far as having to maintain a now needlessly
complicated KURL class.

dave
(hyatt at apple.com)