[webkit-dev] website installation instructions correction

Jack Wootton jackwootton at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 08:27:13 PST 2008

On this page http://webkit.org/building/tools.html. The last
instruction of Step 2 is

/*****************************************/
"In addition to the paths specified in step 3 of the Platform SDK
installation instructions, you must also add the following include
path. Update the Visual C++ directories in the Projects and Solutions
section in the Options dialog box:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Include\mfc"
/*****************************************/

This is ambiguous and confusing since 'paths' are added using the
'show directories for' drop down menu.  The 'show directories for'
drop down menu contains the following options:

Executable files
Include files
Reference files
Library files
Source files
Exclude directories

How is the reader supposed to know which option to select when adding
the additional path specified in Step 2?  The instruction is further
rendered useless because of the confusing spacing and single type face
used for

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Include\mfc"

Can this be corrected so that the instructions are meaningful and can
someone advise me as to how I add the additional path?

Many thanks,
Jack