[webkit-dev] WebCore.vcproj Debug_Cairo config appears to be broken...

Paul Pedriana ppedriana at gmail.com
Sat May 24 22:06:03 PDT 2008

Upon sync-ing WebKit on Windows/Cygwin, I get this build error for
WebCore.vcproj:

    ..\loader\CachedImage.cpp(38) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open
include file: 'PDFDocumentImage.h': No such file or directory

This appears to be due to a bug in WebCore.vcproj or a mistake in the
source code's usage of PDFDocumentImage.h. Rationale follows:

The error corresponds to this code from CachedImage.cpp:

    #if PLATFORM(CG)
    #include "PDFDocumentImage.h"
    #endif

Platform CG is unilaterally defined in config.h via this:

    #if PLATFORM(WIN)
    #define WTF_USE_JAVASCRIPTCORE_BINDINGS 1
    #define WTF_PLATFORM_CG 1
    #undef WTF_PLATFORM_CAIRO
    #define WTF_USE_CFNETWORK 1
    #undef WTF_USE_WININET
    #define WTF_PLATFORM_CF 1
    #define WTF_USE_PTHREADS 0
    #endif

The PDFDocumentImage.h file is in fact present in the
WebKit/WebCore/platform/graphics/cg directory.

However, WebCore.vcproj doesn't list that directory in its set of
include directories for the Debug_Cairo config. It instead has the
following:

    ..\platform\graphics\cairo
    ..\platform\graphics\win

Thus such a compiler error occurs because PDFDocumentImage.h is not
visible to the vcproj in the Debug_Cairo config. The Debug config
doesn't have this problem, as it has the cg directory visible.

Of course, this all might be due to the Debug_Cairo config not being
supported, though I can't find anything saying this is so and
Debug_Cairo happens to be the default config when you first open the
WebKit.sln file.

Thanks.