[webkit-dev] wx/Gtk+ and Network backends

Mike Emmel mike.emmel at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 10:55:31 PDT 2008

Hi I'm assuming that windows has a way to add file handles to the event loop ?
I've never done it.

As far as curl itself goes just to let you know what I'm doing.

Once ncurl is in say in a month or two I want to dig into curl and add
a call back for messages
this should remove a lot of the polling that is still going on. Once
this is done I think we can
get good numbers from curl for timeouts for the remaining polling. We
will always need a long
watchdog timeout and a small amount of polling.

After that I want to add the code to sniff a file type using
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libmagic

Example here.

http://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2004-07/0060.html

It would be nice for the libmagic support to be in curl itself
but not important.