[webkit-dev] problem compiling Torchmobile code

David Kirkman david.r.kirkman at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 08:15:52 PST 2008

Don't know if this is the best way place to post, but the source was
announced here, so here goes:

Has anyone got this code to build?  I am having problems with WebCore-ce
pre-build event.  (with this not working, I can't get the rest of the of the
project to build)

Specifically, the line starting with:

for %%f in (..\dom\Attr.idl ..\page\BarInfo.idl ..\htm\CanvasGradient

This line is confusing since it seems to share syntax from a dos cmd shell
and a cygwin bash shell (sometimes uses / and sometimes uses \).

Can anyone tell me how do you get the pre-build event to work successfully?

Here is what I have tried so far:

-note that you need to remove the tmp directory so that the commands get
executed at all

-tried executing as normal from VS—didn't work

-tried adding /cygwin/bin to dos path—didn't work (though error was
different)

-tried executing from within bash shell using msdev… commandline – still
didn't work (error was similar to above)

The problem seems to be the mixing of the dos/cygwin syntax.

Can someone tell me (especially the authors of the source):  How is this
intended to be run?

Thanks.