[webkit-dev] GIT and patch submission

Michelangelo De Simone m.des at mac.com
Mon Jun 23 08:34:28 PDT 2008

Il giorno 23/giu/08, alle ore 14:01, Rob Kroeger ha scritto:

> I have cloned the WebKit source tree with git and prepared a patch
> with git format-patch.
> Is this acceptable for attaching to the bug report or is there a
> better approach?

Personally I make my patches with the old fashioned diff. Seen that
you're using git you may try to extract a patch with "git diff" (don't
forget the Changelog), comparing the actual (working) branch against
the (untouched) master could be a good idea to keep your work easily
manageable.

Obviously those two branches should be synced at the same commit,
otherwise you'll have a spurious patch with some else's code.

git format-patch is mostly used for email submission.

Hope this can help.
--
// Et quid amabo nisi quod rerum enigma est?