[webkit-dev] Proposal and ideas for a new .in format

Maciej Stachowiak mjs at apple.com
Wed Jun 18 15:42:37 PDT 2008

On Jun 18, 2008, at 3:30 PM, Julien Chaffraix wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> following several issues raised about the XML format, I have tried a
> variation of the format Maciej proposed.
>
> Here is an exemple:
>
> # the first part contains the common parameters (may be empty)
> namespace=html
> cppNamespace=WebCore
> namespaceURI=http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml
>
> # an empty line separate the 2nd part from the tags
> # the first one is the tag, followed by a comma separated list of
> attributes / values.
> a           upperCase=Anchor, noWrapperFactory=1
> audio    applyAudioHack=1

Could you show a few more examples? Also, what would the per-tag
attributes be and what are the meaning? I'm not sure what the audio
hack is.

Instead of "upperCase", might it make sense to call that
"interfaceName" for cases where the interface is not the obvious thing
derived from the tag name? "Anchor" isn't really an uppercase version
of "a", and for h1-h6 all of them would have Header in the interface
name, but it's not really an uppercase version. Might it make sense to
even say interface=HTMLAnchorElement?

Regards,
Maciej