[webkit-dev] keyboard event handling - set in stone yet?

Alexey Proskuryakov ap at webkit.org
Tue Jun 17 08:07:42 PDT 2008

On Jun 17, 2008, at 3:51 PM, Johan Lund wrote:

> I was wondering what the behavior is like now and if it has been
> finalized yet?
>
> Here is the article:
> https://lists.webkit.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2007-December/
> 002992.html

There were no substantial changes to keyboard event handling model
since then. We do have some outstanding bugs that need to be fixed
(most notably, we need to make it so that Web pages cannot block all
Safari shortcuts on the Mac), but overall, the current behavior proved
to be adequate for Web compatibility.

In the long term, some changes may or may not be needed to better
align with DOM3 Events specification.

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov