[webkit-dev] WebKit memory management?

Darin Adler darin at apple.com
Wed Jun 4 11:01:00 PDT 2008

On Jun 4, 2008, at 10:57 AM, Paul Pedriana wrote:

> As I mentioned in a previous response, this unfortunately doesn't
> work because all operator new is directed to FastMalloc, not just
> WebKit's usage of operator new. Operator new is global in a linkage
> unit.

Did you try it, or is that just something you know without testing? I
understand the principle, but I haven't seen the problem in practice
on any platform.

If the problem is a real practical issue, do you have a suggested fix?
Would you be willing to make a patch to show what it would look like?

     -- Darin