[webkit-dev] Has anybody ported WebKit to a platform other than Windows or Unix?

Paul Pedriana ppedriana at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 01:27:36 PDT 2008

I'm wondering if anybody has successfully ported WebKit to a platform
other than Windows or Unix. I ask because I am looking into this
possibility myself. I've looked at Mozilla and WebKit and at first
leaned towards WebKit, as it seems to be easier to grok. But in looking
at the WebKit source it seems that there are hundreds of
platform-specific files and a bit of the source apparently isn't
available at all (e.g. some stuff from WebKit Support Libraries). Thus I
am becoming more pessimistic about WebKit than when I started. Mozilla's
source appears to be more portable and platform independent.

However, perhaps I am missing something and am not seeing the entire
picture. If somebody has some experience working with WebKit on a
platform other than Windows or Unix, perhaps you can enlighten me about
the realities here.

Thanks.