[webkit-dev] WebKit/GTK+ and N810

Kalle Vahlman kalle.vahlman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 01:00:14 PDT 2008

2008/7/22 Afonso Costa <afonso.costa at openbossa.org>:
> Hi all,

Hi!

> I'd like to do some tests using WebKit/GTK+ in my N810. I've built it using
> some information listed here [1] and here [2].
>
> Fortunately I got to build it in my Scratchbox environment and I've
> installed it in my N810. But when I open http://www.gtk.org in GtkLauncher,
> for my surprise, I get this result [3]. When I open the same site in my
> desktop Linux, I can get other different result [4]. It's missing a blue
> background...
>
> Am I missing anything in my build process? Is there other patch related to
> ARM? I'm configuring WebKit with: configure --enable-video --with-hildon.
> I've already tested it with --disable-xslt, but I didn't get any success.

Judging by the symptoms, you are hitting the same issue we had and that
took quite some debugging to figure out. The autotools build checks for the
flex tool, but doesn't ensure it's the required version so the fact
that Scratchbox
has 2.5.31 and not 2.5.33 is not deemed as a problem.

However, although 2.5.31 generates code that builds just fine, some bugs or
other changes in that code affect the CSS parsing so that things just don't
work right. For example, looking at

  http://www.w3schools.com/CSS/css_colors.asp

should show most of the colors as black if you are hitting the same bug that we
had.

There are two ways to fix this, one is upgrading the scratchbox-core from

  http://scratchbox.org/~jhakala/unofficial/

to version 1.0.11~200805291240 (there is no official release yet with
newer flex)
and the other is to compile a newer flex yourself. Sources are
available from here:

  http://flex.sourceforge.net/

Kalle Vahlman, zuh at iki.fi