[webkit-dev] How to use webkit ?

David Kilzer ddkilzer at webkit.org
Sat Jul 12 09:33:24 PDT 2008

On Sat, 7/12/08, Rob Burns <robburns1 at mac.com> wrote:

> This discussion led me to wonder whether it would be possible to
> follow this approach and develop an application using the WebKit
> framework on Mac OS X and iPhone and then simply require users of your
> application to have Safari installed on the Windows side to make use
> of the dlls on the Windows side. Are there technical problems with
> such an approach? Any licensing issues?

On Windows, I think the EULA prohibits the WebKit framework from being used in third-party applications, but I am not a lawyer and I haven't read the EULA.  On iPhone OS, the WebKit framework is currently private, so you can't link to it.  (I haven't read the EULA for the iPhone SDK either, but it may be prohibited there as well.)

Dave