[webkit-dev] SquirrelFish Peformance

KwangYul Seo kwangyul.seo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 20:08:25 PDT 2008

Hi,

I read several articles on SquirrelFish performance.

http://webkit.org/blog/189/announcing-squirrelfish/
http://www.satine.org/archives/2008/06/03/squirrelfish-is-faster-than-tamarin/
http://summerofjsc.blogspot.com/2008/06/squirrelfish-has-landed.html

I was impressed with the performance improvements in the recent work of
SquirrelFish. After reading those articles, I have two questions regarding
SquirrelFish.

1) Bytecode size

Is SquirrelFish bytecode compact? How much size reduction can I expect from
normal JS source code?

2) Compile speed

I see the overall performance of SuqirrelFIsh is quite impressive. However,
I want to know how long it takes to compile JavaScript source code to
bytecode vs. how long it takes to execute the bytecode. I guess it is much
faster than JIT compiler, but I could not find the exact number.

Regards,
Kwang Yul Seo