[webkit-dev] Clarification on developing an embedded browser in PPC platform

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Wed Jul 2 10:02:57 PDT 2008

Am Wed, 2 Jul 2008 08:31:11 -0700
schrieb "devan sai" <dvnsai at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks David/Jean for the replies,
>
> My platform is PPC machine with Debian linux running on it. So if the
> installation exists already for PPC on MAC, can we take the same
> source with minimal changes in Makefile/similar items and put it on
> Powepc linux machine?

Hey Devan,

there are several different ports, even more if you include those not
living in svn. Particularly interesting for you, on a linux platform
are probably the gtk and qt port, possibly also wx and clutter.

All these ports are built from the same source tree, with different
platform dependend tweaks as needed. So it should probably not be much
effort, if at all, to use one of these on your debian powerpc machine.

ciao,
    Christian