[webkit-dev] renaming ASSERT macro

Jörg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at trolltech.com
Wed Jul 2 00:40:19 PDT 2008

Hi Darin,

Thanks for your detailed comments!

> Adding <windows.h> to Assertions.h will not cause it to be included in
> public headers. Assertions.h is not designed to be used in public
> headers; it's for internal use inside the WebKit project.

I've just executed the following:
find . -name '*.h' -exec grep -Hn 'Assertions.h' '{}' \;

You're sure, that none of the 40+ files, the above call yields, is a
public header or used inside a public header?
   But well, if Assertions.h is meant to be part of the private API,
that particular argument of mine is void. A public header including
Assertions.h, even an indirect include, should then be considered as bug?

> For one thing, I don't like the other names you suggested.

Well, that was a proposal. I really don't have strong feelings about the
name. I just didn't want it to be ASSERT. ;-)

Regards,

Jörg