[webkit-dev] Porting to other graphics architectures

Luca Bruno lethalman88 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 12:59:39 PST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 15:02 -0500, Brian Edmond wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Sorry of this is not the correct forum for this question.
>

> I am looking at porting WebKit to the QNX Neutrino operating system
> and am trying to figure out the requirements for the target graphics
> system and OS.  I have looked at the GTK+ version under Linux a bit.
> I wanted to know if WebKit required an underlying windowing system
> with widgets or if you could port it to a system using only a graphics
> library and input event management.  Looking at the GTK+ version it
> seems to use buttons and the like for display.  Thanks for any
> information,

Hello,
I'm not really the right person who could give you the right answer, but
i can see buttons and other widgets are used only for a matter of
painting them the style they're shown in a normal GTK+ application.
Drawing GTK+ widgets just mean getting the style of the box and render
it in the graphics context.
Again, I never worked with graphics such as cairo and I've no minimal
knowledge of that, but having a graphics library for drawing lines,
boxes, text and other stuff might be enough.

Bye.

--
http://lethalman.blogspot.com - Thoughts about computer technologies
http://syx.googlecode.com - Smalltalk YX project