[webkit-dev] webkit test suite help

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Sat Jan 12 02:12:50 PST 2008

On 12/01/2008, at 20:51, syed mehdi wrote:

> Hi Guys,
> I was trying to execute the webkit test suite after i received a
> webkit build which have some local changes in it. I am working on
> linux (ubuntu 6.0.6).
> While executing the test suite using "WebKitTools/Scripts/run-webkit-
> tests" i got an error that "WARNING: Your platform is not
> recognized.....". Than i made a few changes in run-webkit-tests perl
> script and defined the value of $platform to gtk, qt and gcc (one by
> one), but all got failed with message as "Compiling DumpRenderTree
> failed!".

You shouldn't need to make any changes to run the layout tests for the
Gtk port.  Running "./WebKitTools/Scripts/run-webkit-tests --gtk" is
sufficient.  As far as I'm aware, I'm the only one that has run the
layout tests for Gtk.  Many of the tests do not have the required
platform-specific results so you will get many tests "passing" with
messages like:

css1/basic/class_as_selector.html -> new (results generated in
LayoutTests/css1/basic)

Other tests will fail, and some may crash or hang.  DumpRenderTree for
Gtk has been fleshed out enough that it makes it around half way
through the tests before hanging.  I've not investigated the current
point at which it hangs -- it may be due to a bug in the Gtk port of
WebKit, or missing functionality in the Gtk version of DumpRenderTree.

- Mark