[webkit-dev] Re: [Q] License

Alp Toker alp at atoker.com
Thu Feb 7 15:05:37 PST 2008

Holger Freyther wrote:
> use the Qt, WX or Gtk+ port for Windows. Your other option is finding out if
> this support library is in violation to the spirit and license term of the
> LGPL and then draw your conclusion.

I don't think linking against the Apple's support libraries is a
violation of of the LGPL's spirit or word by any reading.

Anyone who wants a Windows WebKit port for commercial use is best off
using GTK+, Wx or helping out with the new Cairo-based Win32 port (or
using the browser in Qt if they already have a commercial Qt license).

Some examples of commercial Windows apps using WebKit (to the best of my
knowledge):

   http://www.synctv.com/ (GTK+)

   http://www.digsby.com/ (Wx)

The only obligation these companies are under is to give back their
changes to WebKit.