[webkit-dev] webkit build with -g option

Mark Rowe mrowe at apple.com
Fri Feb 1 05:21:56 PST 2008

On 02/02/2008, at 00:18, Oliver Dole wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On 2/1/08, Srinivas Rao M Hamse <msrinirao at gmail.com> wrote:
>> HI,
>>  Has anyone tried compiling webkit using -g option. When i tried
>> the debug
>> build by setting the flag using
>> ./set-webkit-configuration , i get a build with lots of assert and
>> log
>> message which i donot need.
>> I just want a build which is similar to release build but has the
>> debug
>> information in it for debugging it with gdb.
>>
>> Has anyone tried this ?
>>

> Have tried to build webkit with the following option:
> WebKit/WebKitTools/Scripts/build-webkit --debug

That does the same thing as running 'set-webkit-configuration --debug'
followed by 'build-webkit', that is it also unsets NDEBUG which leads
to assertions and logging code being compiled in.  I think the answer
to the original question will depend on which port of WebKit (and thus
which build system: Xcode, Visual Studio, Qmake, Autotools, or
Bakefile) they are using.

Kind regards,

Mark