[webkit-dev] Pointers to start support for a new platform

Nilesh Patil vniles at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 22:49:48 PST 2008

Hi
First and fore most u have to do is to study dependancy list of webkit
very very carefully. Find if those dependancies are available either
in binaries or sources for u r platform. It u r following
emulator-device kind of environment then u need to have two versions
of each dependancies - one for HOST/x86machine on which u will
develop/customize  - second for TARGET or device. Once u r sure that u
have these in place then go for compiling webkit.

Webkit uses a gcc compiler. We did it for ARM (as we had corresponding
compilers with us) for Webkit's Gtk port.

Thanks & Regards
Niilesh