[webkit-dev] SquirrelFish Extreme for non x-86 platforms

Javed Rabbani jrabbani at gmail.com
Thu Dec 25 00:54:51 PST 2008

This way the engine will run without JIT support. However, what to do with
memory allocation functions like VirtualAlloc() that are only available on
Windows? I mean to say, to run on embedded platforms, what alternate has to
exist that may provide the facility of VirtualAlloc(). As far I have seen,
the virtualAlloc() calls can be disabled even on Windows by setting
HAVE_VIRTUAL_ALLOC to 0 in JSC/wtf/Platform.h. However, the garbage
collection implementation uses this particular call inside
JSC/runtime/Collector.cpp irrespective of HAVE_VIRTUAL_ALLOC being 0 or 1.
Any suggestions on this front?

I have built Windows port with HAVE_VIRTUAL_ALLOC set to 0. But the
VirtualAlloc() call inside JSC/runtime/Collector.cpp if replaced with
fastMalloc() causes the WebKit to crash even on Windows.

Regards,
J R Shah