[webkit-dev] WebKitGtk network backend

Brent Fulgham bfulgham at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 14:03:36 PST 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 2:29 AM, Gustavo Noronha Silva <gns at gnome.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 21:29 +0100, Christian Dywan wrote:
>> So, I'd like to suggest to make libSoup the only backend. We would then
>> require a recent (unstable) libSoup, similar to how Gtk+ depends
>> on the latest (unstable) Glib. Xan Lopez has agreed already on IRC.

The "Redistributable" WebKit on Windows currently uses the cURL
backend.  I am fully in favor of switching to libSoup for this
platform as well, if it is known to work properly on Windows.

I am a bit concerned that it seems to be heavily tied to the Gnome
platform.  Will I end up having to pull in glib and other Gnome
dependencies if I wish to use it?

Thanks,

-Brent