[webkit-dev] NWFPE: GtkLauncher takes exception

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Mon Dec 15 14:03:57 PST 2008

On Monday 15 December 2008 09:52:46 Srinivas Rao M Hamse wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After a bit of code study and analysing map files found out from where
> these exceptions are generated.
>
> Also my ARM does not have any floating point hardware .. also the toolchain
> in Not Soft float !
> I guess The kernel should fixes these using FPE, But when kernel is
> handling these exceptions, it results in performance hit.
>
> They are being generated from two places from JavaScriptCore/kjs modules:
> 1. *static JSObject* constructDate(ExecState* exec, JSObject*, const
> ArgList& args)*

To be honest I don't understand your problem.

You compile with hard float, you don't have a floating point unit, you enable a
kernel feature + debugging to fixup the mess.

Your options:
	- Move to VFP and an arm core that has that
	- Disable NWFPE and implement fixed point integer arithmetic for JavaScript
	- Build your gcc with -msoft-float to automatically use Nicola's fixed point
integer code for every operation...

what am I missing?

z.