[webkit-dev] CFNetwork

Gmail symbile at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 21:54:53 PST 2008

Hi,

Currently I'm debugging WebKit on Windows. I'm wondering how the CFNetwork
library is working together with WebKit? In the ResourceHandleCFNet.cpp, all
CALLBACKs are registered as following:

    CFURLConnectionClient client_V1 = {1, this, 0, 0, 0, willSendRequest,
didReceiveResponse, didReceiveData, NULL, didFinishLoading, didFail,
willCacheResponse, didReceiveChallenge};
    client = &client_V1;

    d->m_connection.adoptCF(CFURLConnectionCreate(0, request.get(),
client));

    CFURLConnectionScheduleWithCurrentMessageQueue(d->m_connection.get());
    CFURLConnectionScheduleDownloadWithRunLoop(d->m_connection.get(),
loaderRunLoop(), kCFRunLoopDefaultMode);
    CFURLConnectionStart(d->m_connection.get());

But when those callbacks are triggered, the caller is pointed to
CFNetwork.dll. I can't find it under WebKit source code tree, system Windows
directory at all. Is the CFNetwork open source as well and  is the CFNetwork
library platform independent? for example is it available for ARM?

And I found some introduction to CFNetwork,
http://developer.apple.com/DOCUMENTATION/Networking/Conceptual/CFNetwork/Introduction/chapter_1_section_1.html,
but none of APIs are used with WebKit.

It'll be appreicated if someone could shed some light on it?

Br,

Sam