[webkit-dev] Porting WebKit

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Dec 11 07:46:52 PST 2008

On 11-Dec-08, at 6:11 AM, Gmail wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Has anyone ever ported WebKit to Windows Mobile?
>
> I'm pretty new to the WebKit. Can someone share some experiences on
> porting WebKit in general?
>
> I'm wondering if WebKit has some collection of abstract classes or
> interfaces that should be implemented on  a platform particularly
> while porting?
>
> What we're aiming at is that we want a clean layout, rendering
> engine from WebKit and then we'll make our own UI on top of this
> engine. Ideally the separation between the core and UI should be
> clean. In reality it might be hard specially I have no idea on how
> WebKit code is orgnized.

   Hello Sam,

    We're offering a variety of Windows CE and Windows Mobile WebKit
products at Torch Mobile.  Browser, widgets, etc.  We have a
relatively complete port to those platforms in order to support
that.  We're in the process of cleaning up the code ahead of merging
with webkit.org again.

--
George Staikos
Torch Mobile Inc.