[webkit-dev] IDL and JavaScript bindings .. ?

Javed Rabbani jrabbani at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 10:43:53 PDT 2008

 You are indeed right in saying that there are better options to use if only
basic text rendering is desired. However, as I mentioned, the text rendering
is just to start with. Obviously, the ultimate task will be to use other
powerful features of the webkit browser engine. I am currently investigating
the Webkit to get some insight into how it works and how it can be used. So
my initial concern was related to JavaScript and ObjectiveC bindings that
are generated through the generate-bindings.pl Perl script. The script takes
IDL files as input and genertes corresponding C++ source and header files as
JavaScript bindings. I was wondering why the files need to be generated
after getting the source from SVN. Why do the generated files not part
of the actual source? What is the concept behind generating these files
explicility at my system. I hope you get my point. I want to be clear about
relation between IDL, DOM and JavaScript bindings and the Perl script.

Regards,

J R Shah