[webkit-dev] WebKit-GTK in embedded system

John Boncek jboncek at Hunter.COM
Wed Jul 23 08:17:49 PDT 2008

<Sending again now that I am subscribed -- sorry if you receive a duplicate.>

In an embedded ARM-based system with Linux and GTK, we are investigating the
use of WebKit for HTML display.  Web browsing is not needed.  Our core goal
for WebKit will be to read, parse, and display HTML files that contain text
and static images.  Is the WebKit code structured so that we can limit what
we need to build and include in the file system?  For instance, we do not
need CSS, DOM, or XSLT.  Our ability to make use of WebKit will depend in
part on the footprint we can achieve in a memory-constrained system.  Thanks
for any assistance you can provide.