[webkit-dev] Idea for comments: Using Git to manage some WebKit platform ports

Ryan Leavengood leavengood at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 09:12:41 PDT 2008

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 11:55 AM, iain <iain at openedhand.com> wrote:

>  This is exactly what I've been doing for my Clutter port. I cloned the
>  official Webkit repo locally, and created an empty git repo on a remote
>  server that I push my changes to. Periodically I pull from the official
>  repo and then push those to my remote one along with any fixes I need to
>  make to the port.

OK nice, I'm glad to hear I'm not crazy with this idea. I had never
heard of Clutter, but it sounds quite cool (man there are so many cool
open source projects out there...but not enough time to play with them
all.)

I think it might be nice to make a sort of "policy" of this for
smaller ports, and have some sort of project infrastructure for it.
Maybe I will create a patch for the web-site to describe this idea and
list the various repos if other people agree this is a good idea for
we smaller ports. Also it might be nice to have a "how to port WebKit"
page based on all our experiences with it.

Regards,
Ryan