[webkit-dev] Idea for comments: Using Git to manage some WebKit platform ports

iain iain at openedhand.com
Fri Apr 11 08:55:16 PDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-04-11 at 11:33 -0400, Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> I could
> manage my Haiku WebKit port using Git without ever having my code in
> the "real" WebKit SVN repo. The basic idea would be I would clone the
> current WebKit Git repo, create a branch for my Haiku port, and then
> publish that branch for other Haiku developers to use.

This is exactly what I've been doing for my Clutter port. I cloned the
official Webkit repo locally, and created an empty git repo on a remote
server that I push my changes to. Periodically I pull from the official
repo and then push those to my remote one along with any fixes I need to
make to the port.

iain