[webkit-dev] image types in MimeTypeRegistry.cpp

Sunil Bannur sunilbg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 20:02:39 PDT 2007

comments inline

On 9/14/07, Oliver Hunt <oliver at apple.com> wrote:

> On 14/09/2007, at 6:02 PM, Sunil Bannur wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been trying to display bmp and tiff images on both win and
> > mac, apparently both of these work on mac and don't on windows.
> >
> > I noticed that the tiff format is not added to the
> > supportedImageMIMETypes in webcore/platform/MimeTypeRegistry.cpp,
> > but once I added image/tiff, it starts working - any specific
> > reason why tiff was excluded in the first place.
> Sounds like a bug :-O
>
> You can file a bug (and patch maybe?) at http://bugs.webkit.org
> >
> > Also, I noticed that for bmp, the data is got, but the image does
> > not gets displayed - but it works on safari for windows - any
> > specific reason why this does not work.
> What do you mean? It works on windows but not mac? or vice verse?

- It does not work on windows  - Sunil

> Also, is there a way to enable only those types which work on both
> > mac and win?
> What do you mean? png/jpeg work on both, and are about as standard as
> you get...

I meant there are numerous types of files like ico, tiff, bmp, gif etc.,
just wanted to enumerate those which work fine on both win and mac, and not
something that works on one platform and not on the other. I know png and
jpeg are the majority of files out there and they work fine on both
platforms.

Thanks
-Sunil