[webkit-dev] Windows WebKit/Safari incompatibilities have been resolved

Alexey Proskuryakov ap-carbon at rambler.ru
Wed Oct 31 05:23:52 PDT 2007

  I'm trying to make a debug build of WebKit work with Safari beta, but it
still crashes on launch.

  Event Viewer says: "Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.DebugCRT could not
be found. Last error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your
system." However, I do see the debug libraries in C:\Windows\WinSxS (as well
as in \Manifests and \Policies).

  I have already tried repairing .NET and running vcredist_x86 (not that
they have anything to do with debug libraries AFAICT). I have also
re-installed VC Express using a repair option in its installer.

  Does this configuration work for anyone? Any other voodoo I can try to
make it work?

- WBR, Alexey Proskuryakov