[webkit-dev] Webkit Building on Windows

Adam Roben aroben at apple.com
Tue Oct 9 11:13:31 PDT 2007

On Oct 9, 2007, at 3:06 AM, Jith Thomas wrote:

> On 10/8/07, Adam Roben <aroben at apple.com> wrote:
> On Oct 8, 2007, at 2:42 AM, Jith Thomas wrote:
>
>> On 10/5/07, Adam Roben <aroben at apple.com> wrote:
>> Jith Thomas wrote:
>> > *$ WebKit/WebKitTools/Scripts/update-webkit*
>> > and the result was,
>> >
>> > *Updating OpenSource
>> > svn: Working copy '.' locked
>> > svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for
>> > details)
>> > Died at ./update-webkit line 45.*
>>
>> >Did you try running svn cleanup as suggested?
>>     >    Yes, I tried
>>     >             $ svn cleanup WebKit, but it is expecting the
>> files to be >inside .svn/temp folder which in my case is
>> inside .svn folder directly.
>>
>> >So am I supposed to change the folder structure or is there any
>> easy way >of doing it by command line. Please correct me if I am
>> wrong .
>

> >Perhaps if you paste the output from svn cleanup we'll be able to
> better help you.
>
>      Thanks to Adam and Dave, with your valuable recommendations, I
> am able to build and run webkit. Now I want to go a step further and
> to understand the entire flow. But
>      $ devenv /debugexe Safari.exe
> is allowing to debug  only in case of errors and is skipping the
> break points set. Is there any method to step by step debug the
> entire webkit code in Visual studio 2005.

    You need to pass the same arguments to Safari.exe that run-safari
does. Something like this:

devenv /debugexe Safari.exe /framworkPath:"C:\cygwin\home\<username>
\WebKit\WebKitBuild\bin" [/debug]

    The /debug flag is needed if you built a debug version of WebKit.
Otherwise you should leave that off. And you'll of course need to
replace the example path I gave with one that is correct for your
system.

-Adam