[webkit-dev] Webkit Building on Windows

Jith Thomas jiththomas at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 03:06:48 PDT 2007

On 10/8/07, Adam Roben <aroben at apple.com> wrote:

>  On Oct 8, 2007, at 2:42 AM, Jith Thomas wrote:
>
>  On 10/5/07, Adam Roben <aroben at apple.com> wrote:
>
> > Jith Thomas wrote:
> > > *$ WebKit/WebKitTools/Scripts/update-webkit*
> > > and the result was,
> > >
> > > *Updating OpenSource
> > > svn: Working copy '.' locked
> > > svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for
> > > details)
> > > Died at ./update-webkit line 45.*
> >
> > *>Did you try running svn cleanup as suggested?*
>
>     >    Yes, I tried
> *    >           *  *$ svn cleanup WebKit*, but it is expecting the files
> to be >inside .svn/temp folder which in my case is inside .svn folder
> directly.
>
> >So am I supposed to change the folder structure or is there any easy way
> >of doing it by command line. Please correct me if I am wrong .
>

> >Perhaps if you paste the output from svn cleanup we'll be able to better
> help you.

     Thanks to Adam and Dave, with your valuable recommendations, I am able
to build and run webkit. Now I want to go a step further and to understand
the entire flow. But
*     $ devenv /debugexe Safari.exe*
is allowing to debug  only in case of errors and is skipping the break
points set. Is there any method to step by step debug the entire webkit code
in Visual studio 2005. I saw a similar post dated Jul 25, 2007 in link
http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/webkit-dev/2007-July/002210.html but
it is not detailed.

Thanks in Advance,

Jith Thomas .T