[webkit-dev] Download client

Ryan Leavengood leavengood at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 17:08:57 PST 2007

On Nov 16, 2007 12:47 AM, Brady Eidson <beidson at apple.com> wrote:
> In FrameLoaderClientGtk.cpp, I see that
> void FrameLoaderClient::download(ResourceHandle*, const ResourceRequest&,
> const ResourceRequest&, const ResourceResponse&)
> is not implemented.
>
> Until it is, it would seem that WebKitGtk is incapable of downloading files,
> even if you set its policy to do so.

Since the GTK port uses CURL it shouldn't be too hard to implement the
above using CURL. In fact, I found this example in the libcurl
documentation that downloads a file and has a GTK progress bar:

http://curl.haxx.se/lxr/source/docs/examples/curlgtk.c

Naiem, this should be all you need as inspiration to write the above method.

Regards,
Ryan