[webkit-dev] JavaScriptCore on Leopard?

Dan Waylonis danw at nekotech.com
Wed Nov 7 20:07:11 PST 2007

Hi,

I noticed that JavaScriptCore is now in /System/Library/Frameworks
instead of being packaged inside of WebKit.  I'd like to use JSC as a
generic JS engine within an application w/o a WebKit view.  I saw the
JSPong sample code which is really neat, but I'd like to have the same
Obj-C bridge that a WebKit based application would have.

A couple questions:
- Is JSC now thread-safe?  Or was it always and just WebKit was not?
- What are the ".bridgesupport" files inside of the framework's
Resources directory?  Does this replace the JavaScriptGlue that was
floating around with previous releases?
- Is there an API for an Obj-C bridge?

Thanks,
Dan