[webkit-dev] Spinneret build issue (on Windows)

Double-Dee Zee doubledeezee at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 10:23:41 PDT 2007

Dear Webkit Team,

I would like to build Spinneret on windows.  (I need a windows test
application for windows other than Safari.exe).

I did see one post that said Spinneret was an outdated test application and
implied you shouldn't waste your time on it.  However, I also see there was
a code fix recently on 2007-06-18 to fix the Spinneret build against the new
Win32 port, so I assume Spinneret is still supported.  Anyway, this seems
like a very useful tool.

To build, I simply added the include path: $(WebKitOutputDir)\include\webkit
but, then the build fails at the link step (see error message below)

This looks to me like a very simple problem to fix, but my COM knowledge is
not very deep (I think this is a COM issue) so I could use some help.

Can someone please let me know how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Double-D

------ Build started: Project: Spinneret, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Linking...
Spinneret.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_IID_IWebFrameLoadDelegate
Spinneret.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_IID_IWebViewPrivate
Spinneret.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CLSID_WebView
Spinneret.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _IID_IWebView
Spinneret.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_CLSID_WebMutableURLRequest
Spinneret.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_IID_IWebMutableURLRequest
c:\source\WebKit\WebKitBuild\Debug\Spinneret.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 6
unresolved externals
Build log was saved at
"file://c:\source\WebKit\WebKitBuild\DumpRenderTree.intermediate\Debug\DumpRenderTree.intermediate\BuildLog.htm"
Spinneret - 7 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 3 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========