[webkit-dev] Future of Webkit for Windows?

Arno arno at adobe.com
Tue Jun 26 15:49:09 PDT 2007

On Jun 26, 2007, at 11:09, Darin Adler wrote:

> On Jun 26, 2007, at 11:00 AM, Double-Dee Zee wrote:
>> does the use of non-redistributable support libraries force Adobe
>> to maintain their own WebKit branch?
>>
> No.
>
> Adobe should bring their changes back into the webkit.org tree,
> using ifdefs as appropriate.

we, Adobe, plan to do the following:

a/ merge the latest WebKit top-of-tree with our changes (we're
waiting for a certain Jesus-device to be released before doing so)

b/ publish our branch as we make available future public beta builds
of Apollo

b/ submit our changes back to WebKit top-of-tree. This will happen as
soon as we ship Apollo 1.0.

We have no intention of forking our branch.

Note that we are using Cairo to render on Windows, not Quartz. We are
not using CoreFoundation either. The availability of both of those
libraries when Safari shipped were interesting surprises, but we do
not expect to change our plan at this point.

Cheers,
Arno.
Apollo/AIR Engineering Manager.
Adobe.